Author of OUTBACK LOVE a contemporary romance novel set in Australia, JETTING AWAY a short story prequel to OUTBACK LOVE, MOON OVER MADNESS a paranormal romantic comedy and BAYOU BLUES AND OTHER SORROWS a collection of short stories and poems about life and love. All are available online at Amazon/Kindle Unlimited.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Jingle Bell Rock

Some of my daughter's collection of snow globes.

Christmas is just around the corner. The malls are crowded with shoppers. The radio stations are playing just about every Christmas song ever recorded. So Christmas must be just days away?

We have family coming into town for the holidays. So the holiday chaos is about to begin. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing family that I haven't seen in ages, but it's still stressful. Our regular calm world will be turned topsy-turvy through Christmas and New Year's. Am I ready for this? To be honest, I'm not really sure.

Do we have a Christmas tree yet? Nope! Do we have Christmas lights on our house? Nope! Are we ready for Christmas? Yes and no. I've pretty much done my Christmas shopping, mostly for the grandkids, but I haven't yet wrapped the presents. As for the rest of the holiday preparations, well, I'm way behind the curve.

I'm trying to ward off the impending holiday stress by reading some light-hearted Christmas books. There are so many fun ones out there. So far I've read and thoroughly enjoyed Linda Lael Miller's Christmas of the Red Chiefs and two by Talli Roland, Mistletoe in Manhattan and Miracle at the Museum of Broken Hearts. All three of these books are fun reads that are sure to make you smile. What Christmas book am I reading next? Hmm! So many to chose from. I think Must Love Santa by Nina Bruhns.

I've recently added the following Christmas reads to my Kindle Fire:

Three Wise Men by Nancy Ricker, Jan Romes & Laura Ricker
It Really IS a Wonderful Life! by Linda Rondeau
Jingle This! by Stephanie Rowe
Catch That Santa by Karen Docter
A Cowboy for Christmas by Lori Wilde
Santa Wore Cowboy Boots by Barbara Witek
Any Given Christmas by Candis Terry

Well, that ought to be enough Christmas reads to get me through the season. On the other hand, there's no such thing as too many books. So I may very well be adding more holiday reads to my Kindle.

Here's a list of more Christmas reads that caught my eye (in no particular order):

A Snowglobe Christmas by Linda Goodnight & Lissa Manley
Christmas in Wine Country by Addison Westlake
Be Mine for Christmas (Cont. Romance Short) by Alicia Street
Save Me, Santa (5 Holiday Stories of Romance) by Nina Bruhns
Christmas Brides (3 Regency Novellas) by Cheryl Bolen
A Cowboy for Christmas by Kristen James
The Holly and the Thistle by Regan Walker
Twelve Days of Christmas by Trisha Ashley
A Fool's Gold Christmas by Susan Mallery
Enchanted (A Merry Nicholas Christmas Tale) by Patti Berg
Small Town Christmas by Jill Shalvis, Hope Ramsay & Katie Lane
Wanted: One Scoundrel (A Steampunk Christmas) by Jenny Schwartz
Lancaster County Christmas by Suzanne Woods Fisher
A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree by Janet Dailey
'Twas the Night After Christmas by Sabrina Jeffries

Trust me, there are about a zillion more Christmas books out there, way more than I could ever read in my lifetime. So between now and Christmas check back for more lists of  Christmas reads. Also, in case you missed my two previous holiday posts, you'll find more lists of great/fun holiday books. This is definitely the time of year to "jingle bell rock" and read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers.