Author of OUTBACK LOVE a contemporary romance novel set in Australia, JETTING AWAY a short story prequel to OUTBACK LOVE, MOON OVER MADNESS a paranormal romantic comedy and BAYOU BLUES AND OTHER SORROWS a collection of short stories and poems about life and love. All are available online at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Apple, Sony, Diesel and Kobo. On Twitter @TeriHeyer
Sunday, January 6, 2013
Sunshine Blogger Award!
This is a morning to smile. I have just been awarded the "Sunshine Blogger Award!" by the incredibly amazing Jeff Whelan, author of the quirky, fabulous, fun space opera, Space Orville. Check out the link below for Jeff's awesome blog and his post about the award. Jeff gave this award to ten bloggers, so I'm in great company. Be sure to visit all those wonderful blogs. The links are on Jeff's post.
The incredibly amazing Jeff Whelan.
One of the key things in getting this award is to answer ten questions. So here are my responses.
1) What is your passion? That's an easy one, my grandkids. My grandson is six and a half and already a great reader. My identical twin granddaughters are almost four. They're all passionate about books, just like me. My passion for books is what inspires me to write.
2) Favorite time of year? I'd have to say summer. I love the warm weather and cerulean blue skies. Here on the Florida Gulf Coast that also means awesome beach days. I've been in love with the beach since I was a little bitty kid. I love sand between my toes and gentle surf.
3) Favorite book? Now this is a hard one. I have sooooo many favorite books, so narrowing it down to one is extremely difficult. Can I cheat and list two? My absolute favs are: The Moonspinners by Mary Stewart and Riders of the Purple Sage by Zane Grey. I've read both of those books more times than I can count. If I was going to cheat even more and add a third it would be The Alexandria Quartet by Lawrence Durrell.
4) Favorite movie? Oh no! Another hard one. One movie? How could I possibly narrow it down to one? Well, I'm going to cheat again and list two favs: Breakfast at Tiffany's and Friendly Persuasion. Yes, I've watched those more times than I can count. I have to include a third, Casablanca.
5) Favorite animal? This one is easy, dogs. I currently have two, Shani and Dude, and I blog about them and post their pics all the time. I've had dogs since I was a baby. They're all about unconditional love, something we all need.
6) Favorite time of day? I love the sunshine, but my favorite time happens to be the middle of the night. I'm a night-owl and much of my inspiration comes to me in the darkest, quiet hours. It's also the best time to read, write or play on the net.
7) Favorite flower? Gardenia. The smell is awesome! Roses are a close second.
8) Favorite non-alcoholic beverage? Coffee, coffee and more coffee. I'll drink it black, but I prefer a dollop of milk. If I don't care about the calories, half-and-half or cream is even better. My daily fav is 100% Columbian. However, I went to Jamaica twice and fell in love with Blue Mountain Coffee. If I could afford it, I'd drink that every day.
9) Favorite physical activity? Reading. No kidding, reading is about the most active I get these days. In days of yore I used to swim, surf, water-ski, snow-ski, backpack, bike, baseball, tennis, climb trees and even run. But back surgery in 2004, osteoarthritis and degenerative back disease have slowed me down a bit. Well, my dogs do take me for a walk now and then, but they prefer car rides.
10) Favorite vacation? This is an easy one. Several years back my husband and I, along with his sister and her husband, took a three week, five thousand mile road-trip through Australia and the Outback. We drove from Melbourne along the Great Ocean Road, Port Campbell, the wine country in Barossa Valley, looking for opals in Coober Pedy, climbed Ayers Rock/Uluru in the Red Center, then north on the Stuart Highway through Alice Springs, Mataranka, Tennant Creek and Katherine to Darwin on the north coast. Then we explored Kakadu, which is awesome. Then south again back to Tennant Creek and east through the heart of the Outback stations to Mt. Isa and then to Queensland and the exotic coast: Port Townsend, Cairns and the Daintree Rainforest. We even managed a day-long boat trip out to the Great Barrier Reef. Whew! That was a lot of traveling for three weeks time. I have awesome photos and movies of the trip and incredible memories. For those who might ask, our trip was very economical considering all the places we visited. No tour guides, just a good rental camper-van and an adventurous spirit. This trip was the inspiration for my contemporary romance novel, Outback Love, which includes many of the awesome places we visited. Would we do it again? If we had the money, you betcha!
Now here's the cool part of the "Sunshine Blogger Award!" I get to pass this award on to some other cool, awesome, incredible, amazing bloggers. So here are the ones I picked (in no particular order):
1) Julie's Chick Lit
2) Ellis Vidler's Unpredictable Muse
3) Molly Greene: Writer
4) Peggy Eddleman - Will Write for Cookies
5) Onisha Ellis - Old Things R New
6) Tim Vicary (Three Blogs)
The above are just a few of many awesome bloggers out there.
Now assuming the above bloggers have time to receive the "Sunshine Blogger Award!" all you need to do is answer the ten questions below and select up to ten of your own favorite bloggers to receive the award.
1) What is your passion?
2) Favorite time of year?
3) Favorite book?
4) Favorite movie?
5) Favorite animal?
6) Favorite time of day?
7) Favorite flower?
8) Favorite non-alcoholic beverage?
9) Favorite physical activity?
10) Favorite vacation?
I want to thank Jeff Whelan for honoring me with the "Sunshine Blogger Award!" It's so cool to have my blog noticed and enjoyed by other bloggers. It was also a lot of fun putting this post together. For those of you reading this post, I hope you'll check out the great blogs listed above.