Author of OUTBACK LOVE a contemporary romance novel set in Australia, JETTING AWAY a short story prequel to OUTBACK LOVE, MOON OVER MADNESS a paranormal romantic comedy and BAYOU BLUES AND OTHER SORROWS a collection of short stories and poems about life and love. All are available online at Amazon/Kindle Unlimited.

Friday, June 18, 2021

Writing, Painting and Books

A few years back my lifestyle changed and I switched from writing to painting. It was a fun thing I did with my grandkids. However, now that they're into their teens painting is no longer top on their lists of things to do. So what does a Nana/Grandma do but dig through boxes of unfinished stories and novels and start writing again? I'm going to try my hand at some teen novels and maybe I'll once again catch the interest of my grandkids. All three of them love to read, tell stories and write.

In the meantime, I'm still going to paint now and then because I enjoy doing so. After substitute teaching for the last four school years, I'm finally retired. So I have lots of time on my hands. I'm sure I can paint, write, read lots of books and continue to dream.

Before I forget, I've been reading lots of great, awesome, interesting, enjoyable books. Here's a list of the most recent ones. You can also check out my Goodreads pages for the books I've read over the last many years. There are a bunch of them. 

A Pretty Deceit by Anna Lee Huber (Verity Kent #4)

The Last Mrs. Summers by Rhys Bowen (#14)

Silver Bay by Jojo Moyes

Windfallen by Jojo Moyes

The Ship of Brides by Jojo Moyes

The Woman in the Green Dress by Tea Cooper

Fled by Meg Keneally

The Horse Thief by Tea Cooper

The Beekeeper's Promise by Fiona Valpy

The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver

Sea of Memories by Fiona Valpy

Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver

The Tide Between Us by Olive Collins

The Lost Girls of Devon by Barbara O'Neal

The Saturday Evening Girls Club by Jane Healey

White Hot by Sandra Brown

The Magnolia Story by Chip & Joanna Gaines

The Selection by Kiera Cass

You might ask, what are you reading now? Well, I'm usually reading more than one book at a time. So here are my most current reads:

I, Eliza Hamilton by Susan Holloway Scott

The Mark of the Assassin by Daniel Silva

Brave Girl, Quiet Girl by Catherine Ryan Hyde

I think you can tell that I love books. I hope that you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers.