Author of OUTBACK LOVE a contemporary romance novel set in Australia, JETTING AWAY a short story prequel to OUTBACK LOVE, MOON OVER MADNESS a paranormal romantic comedy and BAYOU BLUES AND OTHER SORROWS a collection of short stories and poems about life and love. All are available online at Amazon/Kindle Unlimited.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Let Me Review Your Books

Now that I have two of my own ebooks out there, "Outback Love" and "Jetting Away," I am finding that book reviews are hard to come by. I offered free copies of my books to anyone who would write a review. Obviously, that did not go over very well. However, it has come to my attention that I am just one of many writers who are not getting reviews on their books.

So here's the deal. When I'm not writing I'm reading, which means I usually read a couple books per week. I know that's not a lot, but then I do most of my reading at night as I'm a night owl. Well, I've decided to offer a free review to anyone who would like me to read their book. I don't know if anyone will take me up on this offer. But it's worth a try. I don't expect anything in return, it's just something I'm willing to do.

Since I do most of my nighttime reading on my Kindle, I would prefer a Kindle copy of your book. In return, I'll write the review on Amazon.com. I already write reviews on books from time to time on Amazon. Those are on books I've read and particularly liked. If you look at my reviews, most are pretty short. However, I would be willing to write a lengthy, detailed review if you'd like.

I'm not going to write a 5-star review if I don't think your book merits it. On the other hand, if I don't feel that a book should receive 4 or 5-stars, then I don't write a review. So if I read your book and don't feel it should receive a 4 or 5-star rating, I won't post the review unless you want me to. In that case, I can send the review to you first if you'd like.

There are a lot of books out there I'd love to read. Unfortunately, my book budget is limited at this time. So my reading your book and writing a review would be a win/win deal for both of us. I'll get to read a great book and you'll get an honest review.

I've never made this offer before, so I don't know if anyone will take me up on it. I'm not about to accept pay for a review. This just seems like a nice thing to do and something I would enjoy.

At this time I would only be interested in reading Contemporary or Historical Romances or Romantic Suspense, as that's what I usually read. Since I'll only have time to read one or two books per week, it would have to be on a first come, first served basis.

For those who might be interested, my qualifications are: a BA in English Lit, years of tech writing, love of reading, I do a lot of blogging, and the fact that I've pretty much been writing one thing or another forever. My first two ebooks, "Outback Love" and "Jetting Away," are available on Amazon, Smashwords, Barnes&Noble and Apple. Both will also be available on Kobo, Sony, Diesel and Scrollmotion in the near future. I have other books in the works. "Moon Over Madness," a paranormal witch/vampire novella, will be released in early October 2011. "One Family's Secret," a mainstream novella, and "Moon Over Mistletoe," a sequel novella to "Moon Over Madness," will be released before the end of the year. "Murder on Sunday Beach,"  a mystery/romance novel set on the Florida Gulf Coast, should be released in early 2012.

I'm looking forward to hearing from any interested authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers.