Author of OUTBACK LOVE a contemporary romance novel set in Australia, JETTING AWAY a short story prequel to OUTBACK LOVE, MOON OVER MADNESS a paranormal romantic comedy and BAYOU BLUES AND OTHER SORROWS a collection of short stories and poems about life and love. All are available online at Amazon/Kindle Unlimited.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Greetings from Pensacola Beach!

Teri Heyer at Pensacola Beach
My husband and I went to Pensacola Beach today. It was packed with tourists from practically every state in the union. Well, this is good for the local economy considering we are still reeling from the PB Oil Spill from two summers back.

Yes, if you are seeing ads about how beautiful the beaches are here, the ads are correct. The sand is powdery, sugar-white and squeaks when you walk on it. The water is usually a sparkling turquoise with very little surf.

Today was the roughest surf I have seen here in years. Only one surfer ventured out into the waves. It was so windy I thought my hair was going to be blown from my scalp. No, this isn't usual for our area, unless we have a hurricane heading our way.

Yes, hurricanes do come here. Hurricanes Opal, Ivan and Dennis all left their mark in years past. Another hurricane season starts June 1st. Hopefully the hurricanes will fizzle out in the Pacific or the Gulf this season and not make landfall.

One of the reasons for hitting the beach this morning was to shoot the photo for the cover of my latest book, "Romance in a Bottle." It's a short story with plenty of laughter and romance. This is the first of a series of Beach'n Short Stories that will be available for your Kindle, Nook or other eReader over the next several months. The stories are all set on Pensacola Beach, so you'll soon know all about this beautiful and fun area.

Be sure to check back to see the cover for "Romance in a Bottle." The book itself will be available at Amazon and Smashwords in May and at Barnes&Noble, Diesel, Kobo, Sony and Apple by June. If all goes well, I'll be releasing a beach book a month through the end of summer.

I'm really excited about "Romance in a Bottle" and hope you'll all enjoy reading it soon.

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous day Teri. I'm looking forward to the cover shot of Romance in a Bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice comment. It was a gorgeous day at the beach. I think the cover will be pretty cool. I'm having fun writing beach stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing the cover. It's such a beautiful area--lots of interesting scenery. I was in Pensacola for 3 weeks in March, had lunch at Peg Leg Pete's one day, muffalettas at Tippy's Tavern, shrimp at several places. Even got to Apple Market. Do you live in the area?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I live nearby. Love the beaches here, the almost sugar-white sand and turquoise water. I bet you had a fun time on your three weeks in March. Spring is the best time of year here.

      Delete
  4. the beach looks awesome you look so relaxed. Nice to see. cant wait to see and read the next of your writings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John! So cool that you checked out my blog. Yes, the beaches here are awesome and it's a great place to relax.

      Delete

I love hearing from my readers.