Author of OUTBACK LOVE a contemporary romance novel set in Australia, JETTING AWAY a short story prequel to OUTBACK LOVE, MOON OVER MADNESS a paranormal romantic comedy and BAYOU BLUES AND OTHER SORROWS a collection of short stories and poems about life and love. All are available online at Amazon/Kindle Unlimited.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Paradise as Usual

A typical day in paradise.
As Tropical Storm Isaac makes its way up the Gulf Coast, it is "Paradise as Usual" here on the beaches of the Florida Panhandle.

I've had The Weather Channel on almost non-stop, except when watching the football games. Yes, I'm a big-time football fan and pretty much root for every team. I just like watching football.

I'm a Saints fan, due to the close proximity of the Saints and the fact that I've actually gone to some of their games in years past. But I'm also an avid fan of Peyton Manning, so I'll be rooting for the Broncos this year.

Yes, I like Eli Manning too, so I'll continue to cheer for the Giants. I also root for the Raiders and the 49ers, because first and foremost, I'm a California girl. Oh, and I can't forget all our Florida teams, the Bucs, Dolphins and Jaguars. So I really do root, cheer, hoot and holler for a lot of teams.

Okay, I'm getting off track here, as usual. This is supposed to be a post about paradise and beaches and waiting for Tropical Storm soon-to-be-Hurricane Isaac.

Coastal and low-lying areas of Louisianna, Mississippi, Alabama and the Florida Panhandle (the counties of Escambia, Santa Rosa and Okaloosa) are supposedly under a mandatory evacuation. According to The Weather Channel, people are "boarding up and heading out." Here and there someone has boarded up and may or may not have left. Otherwise, it's business as usual, paradise as usual.

I'm not keen about being in a hurricane. Not particularly fond of hours of high winds, lightning, thunder and torrential rains. On the other hand, that's standard fare here in paradise. Tropical storms, bugs and beautiful white sand beaches. That's our paradise.

If I was rich I'd be living on the beach. But such is not the case. I live a couple miles inland, in a tiny older house that has updated renovations (done before we bought the house). We're close enough to the Gulf to smell the salt air  when the breeze is right. Close enough to see pelicans and seagulls gliding overhead. Close enough to walk to the beach if we had the energy to do so, which I don't.

Now here's a thought. If I ever sell enough of my books (hint, hint) then maybe I'll move to a tiny place on the beach. On the other hand, I can always dream.

As usual, I like to add lists of books to my posts. So here is some great paradise fiction (in no particular order).

On my Kindles (I have two, a Kindle Keyboard and my new Kindle Fire):

Hurricanes in Paradise by Denise Hildreth-Jones
Crazy in Paradise by Deborah Brown
Too Much Trouble in Paradise by Michelle Betham
The Scent of Lies (A Paradise Valley Mystery) by Debra Burroughs
Welcome to Paradise by Carol Grace
Troubles in Paradise by Carol Grace
Return to Paradise by Carol Grace
Trouble in Paradise by Lynn Byer
Another Day in Paradise by Justin Burgess
This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald

An assortment of paradise fiction, all available in ebook format for your Kindle, Nook, etc.:

A Rainbow in Paradise by Susan Aylworth
The Edge of Paradise by Peggy Webb
Deception in Paradise by Deborah Brown
The Blue Paradise (Florida Keys) by Theo Fenraven
Charlotte Figg Takes Over Paradise by Joyce Magnin
Nights in Paradise (Sisters Series - Bk1) by Vera Adams
Days in Paradise (Sisters Series - Bk2) by Vera Adams
An Island in Paradise (Sisters Series - Bk3) by Vera Adams
Welcome to Paradise by Elle Kennedy
Private Paradise by Jami Alden
Flight to Paradise by Mike Coe
Aloha Paradise David Ludwick
An Innocent in Paradise by Kate Carlisle
Visiting Paradise by Jess Dee
Plain Paradise (Daughters of the Promise) by Beth Wiseman
The Only Way to Paradise (Italy) by G. G. Vandagriff
Paradise Fields by Katie Fforde
Trouble Aboard the Hawaiian Paradise by Lisa Deckert
Storm in Paradise Valley (Western) by Charles G. West
Unlikely Paradise by J. M. Maxim
Stranger in Paradise by Phyllis Humphrey
Love's Paradise (Arabesque) by Celeste O. Norfleet
Paradise Found by Kate Perry
Paradise Valley (Virgin River) by Robyn Carr
Paradise by Larry McMurtry
Master of Paradise by Virginia Henley
A Cold Day in Paradise (Alex McKnight Mystery) by Steve Hamilton
Death in Paradise (Jesse Stone) by Robert B. Parker
Paradise Lost (Joanne Brady) by J. A. Jance
Passing Through Paradise by Susan Wiggs
Stranger in Paradise (Carson Springs - Bk1) by Eileen Gouge
Dark Paradise by Tami Hoag
Paradise for Two by Betty Neels
Welcome to Paradise (Key West Mystery) by Laurence Shames
Paradise Wild by Johanna Lindsey
Half of Paradise by James Lee Burk
Just Another Day in Paradise by Elizabeth Lowell
Thieve's Paradise by Eric Jerome Dickey
Paradise Screwed by Carl Hiaasen
Outlaw in Paradise by Patricia Gaffney
Paradise Country by Karen Robards
The Fires of Paradise (Bragg Saga) by Brenda Joyce
Trouble in Paradise by Robin Lee Hatcher
A Taste of Paradise by Connie Mason
Fool's Paradise by Tori Phillips
Return to Paradise by Shirl Henke
Paradise Bay by James Michael Pratt

Okay, I had no idea there was so much paradise fiction. Whew! If you have a passion for paradise, then these books are for you. Enjoy!

As always, please feel free to comment below and be sure to add any books of paradise fiction that I may have missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers.