Author of OUTBACK LOVE a contemporary romance novel set in Australia, JETTING AWAY a short story prequel to OUTBACK LOVE, MOON OVER MADNESS a paranormal romantic comedy and BAYOU BLUES AND OTHER SORROWS a collection of short stories and poems about life and love. All are available online at Amazon/Kindle Unlimited.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Have a Howling Good Halloween!


When I was a kid Halloween was simply spooktacular. I grew up in Southern California in a small college town. It was one of those idyllic towns where you never had to lock your doors.

On Halloween we kids ran wild through the neighborhoods. We didn't walk anywhere. We ran from house to house and probably made a great deal of noise. Most everyone knew who we were and didn't seem to mind too much that we'd trick-or-treat at each house twice.

My usual Halloween costume was a cowgirl. Jeans, cowboy boots and hat, a plaid shirt, a bandanna and my brother's six-shooter cap-guns  with holster was all I needed. My BFFs dressed the same.

My brother would sometimes tag along, but he'd dress like a gorilla or something else that was different from us. I remember my brother's friends dressed as hobos. No one wore store-bought Halloween costumes, just whatever could be thrown together.

I was thirteen the last time I went trick-or-treating. My side-kicks and I were in our usual cowboy dress and we made the rounds of the neighborhoods gathering quite a haul of candy. Then at one house, a woman who didn't know who we were said, "You kids are too big to be trick-or-treating." I remember being shocked at her words. Was there such a thing as being too big to trick-or-treat? Sadly, we never did it again.

In my college days I'd dress up for Halloween. One year I was Elvira and danced away the night. Another time I dressed as a French Maid and that was quite a hit. In later years I'd dress as a witch and trick-or-treat with my daughter, who also dressed as a witch. One Halloween we witches went to New Orleans and went trick-or-treating with my sister-in-law who was also dressed as a witch. I have to say that was a fun night. This year my granddaughters are little twin witches and my grandson is a vampire. I'm sure they'll have a fun Halloween.

These days I'm content with handing out candy to neighborhood trick-or-treaters.  The best part is eating my share of Halloween candy. My favs are Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Snickers, Three Musketeers, Mounds and Almond Joys. Yum!

In celebration of Halloween, here's a list of witch, vampire, ghost, werewolf and other fiction. All of these are available in eBook format. The books are listed in no particular order.

Witchy, Witchy (Spellbound Trilogy #1) by Penelope King
With You In Spirit (The Bassinville Witches #1) by Miranda Stork
No Shoes, No Shirt, No Spells by Rose Pressey
Witch Anonymous by Misty Evans
Be Witched by H. P. Mallory
Something Witchy This Way Comes by H. P. Mallory
Opal Fire (A Reluctant Witch Mystery) by Barbara Annino
Wicked Witch Murder (Lucy Stone Mystery) by Leslie Meier
Brownies and Broomsticks (A Magical Bakery Mystery) by Bailey Cates
A Modern Witch (Modern Witch Series #1) by Debora Geary
Hexes and Hemlines (A Witchcraft Mystery) by Juliet Blackwell
Witch Weigh by Caroline Mickelson
It's Not The Great Pumpkin, Maxie Duncan by Melissa L. Webb
Haunted Spouse by Heather MacAllister

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #1) by Charlaine Harris
Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood #12) by Charlaine Harris
Lord Viper (Infernal Night #1, Ellora's Cave) by Ruth D. Kerce
Craving Lady Star (Infernal Night #2, Ellora's Cave) by Ruth D. Kerce
Come Hell or High Water (Broken Heart Vampires) by Michele Bardsley
Must Love Lycans (Broken Heart Vampires) by Michele Bardsley
My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking
How to Date a Vampire (Rylie Cruz) by Rose Pressey
Darkness Falls (Darkness Falls #1) by Jessica Sorensen
Vacation with a Vampire (Harlequin Nocturne) by Michele Hauf
Sex, Lies & Vampire Hunters (Night Shift) by Myla Jackson
The Source (A Mountain State Vampire Novel) by J. B. Stillwell
MoonLife (Sadie Jones) by Sherri Ann Smith

Once Upon a Ghost by Day Leclaire
Touch Me in the Dark by Jacqueline Diamond
For Sale: Old Manor House (free ghosts included) by Merabeth James
Lily's Ghosts by Laura Ruby
Trouble in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law Mystertery/Romance Series) by Jana Deleon
What a Ghost Wants (A Ghost Hunters Mystery) by Victoria Laurie
Haunted House for Sale by Jane Monson
Dead Bolt (A Haunted Home Renovation Mystery) by Juliet Blackwell
Somebody Tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead by Christina Miller
The Ghost Hunter (The Hunter Series) by Lori Brighton
Ghosts (The Complete Series #1-8) by Amy Cross

How to Date a Werewolf (Rylie Cruz) by Rose Pressey
Conner by Miranda Stork
Erin by Miranda Stork
Before the Moon Rises (Ritter Werewolves) by Catherine Bybee
Prince of Wolves (Grey Wolves Series) by Quinn Loftis
The Werewolf's Wife (Harlequin Nocturne) by Michele Hauf
No Remorse (Heart of a Wolf Series #1) by MaryLynn Bast
Dreams of Gray (Marked Clan) by Maurice Lawless
Were Love Blooms (Southern Werewolf Chronicles #1) by J. Morgan
Taken by the Alpha Werewolf  by Bonnie Vanak
Lupine Howl (The Complete Series #1-8) by Amy Cross

Haunted on Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun) by Deanna Chase
Brazen Moon by Ruth D. Kerce
Wuthering Frights by H. P. Mallory
Ghouls Night Out (Larue Donavan) by Rose Pressey
Hollowland by Amanda Hocking
Elemental Magic byAngela Wallace
Land of Mountains by Jinx Schwartz
Promise (Soul Savers) by Kristie Cook
Pixie Dust (Karli Lane #1) by Laura Lee
The Shifter's Destiny (Harlequin Nocturne) by Anna Leonard
Space Orville by Jeff Whelan
Dragon's Curse (Harlequin Nocturne) by Denise Lynn



I would be remiss if I didn't once again mention my very own witch, vampire, ghost, werewolf, dragon, paranormal romantic comedy, Moon Over Madness.

Chantel Deneuve is a half-witch who doesn't want to acknowledge her witch heritage. Riordan "Rio" Martainn is a hunky vampire who just moved into the neighborhood. Add to the mix a couple of adorable kids, a dog named Jake who only "talks" to kids, a resident ghost, a couple werewolves, some witches from the neighborhood and a very pissed-off dragon, you can't go wrong. I know this sounds a bit crazy, but you're sure to enjoy the read.

My mom insists that Moon Over Madness is her very favorite book and thinks that it should be made into a movie. As we all well know, moms know best. So maybe you need to read this book?




MOON OVER MADNESS - Amazon/Kindle/US

MOON OVER MADNESS - Amazon/Kindle/UK

MOON OVER MADNESS - Barnes&Noble/nook

MOON OVER MADNESS - Apple/iBookStore/iTunes

Thanks so much for reading this post. I had a fun time putting together the list of books above. Please feel free to add comments below. You're welcome to add your own books or favorites by other authors. Now you all go out and have a howling good Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers.