Author of OUTBACK LOVE a contemporary romance novel set in Australia, JETTING AWAY a short story prequel to OUTBACK LOVE, MOON OVER MADNESS a paranormal romantic comedy and BAYOU BLUES AND OTHER SORROWS a collection of short stories and poems about life and love. All are available online at Amazon/Kindle Unlimited.

Friday, October 5, 2012

It's All About The Bling

Pink cowboy boots with bling.


When it comes right down to it, it is all about the bling - the glitz, glitter, sparkle - that makes the world turn. We dream about riches. We admire and want to emulate the richest of the rich. Or do we?

Certainly we're drawn to things that glitter - like diamonds, gold and pink cowboy boots with bling.

Last Friday when I went to the Navarre Beach Sand Sculpture Festival, I saw these awesome sparkly, glittery cowboy boots. They weren't in my size or they might have come home with me. It's not like I need to add any more bling in my life. At my age, not too terribly old, but certainly not young, I wouldn't have any need for boots with bling. It's just that, well, heck, those boots were really cool.




More cowboy boots with bling.



The vendor, Blingy Boutique, had blingy boots in other colors too, but there was something about the pink blingy ones that really caught my eye. If I was younger, much younger, I would have been determined to get those boots.

You see, I used to country dance, Two-Step and Cotton-Eye-Joe, at least a couple nights a week. I was in my 20s then and dancing was something I just had to do. I can't think of a more fun way to exercise. Not to mention, those Whiskey Sours tasted pretty darn good.

Now I just listen to country music on the radio and remember what fun I had dancing through the night all those many years ago.




Blingy Boutique, a vendor at the Sand Sculpture Festival.


Now back to the bling, glitz, glitter, sparkle thing. I love diamonds, rubies and gold, so I haven't outgrown all that bling, not yet anyway. I still stop and admire those sparkly, glittery, blingy shoes, clothes and jewelry that adorn magazines and store windows at the mall. Sometimes, just sometimes mind you, I even dream about all that bling.

For now, I'll just settle for writing this blog post about bling. Bling is awesome and we all want some of it every now and then.




That said, I managed to find some cool books, both fiction and non-fiction, that are all about the bling, glitz, glitter and sparkle that we love. So here are those books, in no particular order. No, I haven't read any of these, but they all sounded like books I'd probably enjoy. Another plus, all of these are available in eBook format.

Fiction with Bling, Glitz, Glitter, Sparkle:

Dallas Glitz by D. G. Green
All That Glitters by Heather Ames
Fool's Bling by Nadine Blyseth
All That Glitters by Marguerite Herron
A Key To All That Glitters by Kathleen Rowland
All That Glitters by Anna Grace
Baby Bling by Elle James
Glitz by Elmore Leonard
Beneath the Glitter by Elle & Blair Fowler
The Glitter Dome by Joseph Wambaugh
Bling, Bling by David DeLee
All That Glitters Is Not Gold (A St. Simons Love Story) by Carol Ashmore
Not All Stars Sparkle by Carys Jones
All That Glitters (Inside Girl) by J. Minter (YA)
Glitter by Kate Maryon (YA)
All That Glitters by Elizabeth McCoy

Non-Fiction with Bling, Glitz, Glitter, Sparkle:

The Big-Ass Book of Bling by Mark Montano
Sparkle by Mara Altman
Glitz, Glamour, Style (A Fashionista's Journey) by Jacquie A. Bennett
The Glitter and Gold by Consuelo Vanderbilt Balsan
Letting Go of the Glitz by Julia Stephenson
Create Your Own Bling by Ilene Branowitz
Sparkle: The Girl's Guide to Living a Deliciously Dazzling...Kick-Ass Life by Cara Alwill Leyba

I don't know about you, but I'm going to take a nap and dream about bling.

2 comments:

  1. (Psst -- Elizabeth McCoy's All That Glitters isn't quite YA. There are some distinctly grown-up scenes in it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing that out. I removed the YA.

      Delete

I love hearing from my readers.