Author of OUTBACK LOVE a contemporary romance novel set in Australia, JETTING AWAY a short story prequel to OUTBACK LOVE, MOON OVER MADNESS a paranormal romantic comedy and BAYOU BLUES AND OTHER SORROWS a collection of short stories and poems about life and love. All are available online at Amazon/Kindle Unlimited.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

My List of All-Time Awesome Movies - Part 1

I have been in love with movies forever. There are so many awesome movies, the ones I watch over and over again. Since tonight is the Academy Awards, the Oscars, I felt compelled to put together a list of those movies that I love so much.

Before I start on that list, I want to give a little background. I was a sickly child, scarlet fever, tonsillitis, strep-throat, pneumonia, to name just a few. I had my tonsils taken out at the age of seven, which helped some, but I still kept getting sick. I missed a lot of school through the years, including two whole months at the age of fifteen when I was seriously ill with mono. I spent a lot of time on the couch watching movies. So I fell in love with movies those days and that love has never stopped.

Thank goodness that I'm an extremely healthy adult. I still don't understand why I spent all those childhood and teen years getting sick and then just the opposite as an adult, but I'll not complain about being healthy now. Anyway, through the years I've continued to love movies.

It's so very cool that these days I can actually own copies of those movies I've loved so much. I have more VHS, DVD and Blu-ray movies than I can count. Some I've bought myself, but most have been birthday, Mother's Day and Christmas gifts. For the record, movies, books and CDs are my favorite gifts. Oh, I love chocolate too.

Well, last night I started making a list of those awesome movies that I've loved through the years. I even got up a couple times during the night to jot down some I didn't want to forget come morning. As I sipped my cups of coffee this morning I added more movies to the growing list. Good grief, this is a really looooong list.

As I write this post I'm watching the Daytona 500. I have hopes that Danica Patrick will win. I think it's time for one of us girls to win. Just sayin'... Then they can make a movie of this race. Hmm! Which actors would star in this movie?

Well, back to my list of all-time awesome movies. In spite of this being a long list, I know I'll miss some of them. Anyway, for those of you who love movies, I hope you'll enjoy going through this list. And please feel free to add your favorites in the comments below.

My List of All-Time Awesome Movies (in alphabetical order):

A Streetcar Named Desire - Marlon Brando, Vivien Leigh
Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, The - Hugo Weaving, Terence Stamp*
African Queen - Humphrey Bogart, Katharine Hepburn*
Age of Innocence, The - Daniel Day-Lewis, Winona Ryder, Michelle Pfeiffer
American Graffiti - Ron Howard, Cindy Williams, Richard Dreyfuss
An Officer and a Gentleman - Richard Gere, Debra Winger*
Anne of a Thousand Days - Genevieve Bujold, Richard Burton
Annie Hall - Woody Allen, Diane Keaton
Beetlejuice - Michael Keaton, Winona Ryder, Gena Davis, Alec Baldwin
Big Easy, The - Dennis Quaid, Ellen Barkin*
Big Sleep, The - Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall*
Billy Jack - Tom Laughlin, Deloras Taylor
Blind Side, The - Sandra Bullock, Tim McGraw, Quinton Aaron
Bloom in Love - George Segal, Kris Kristopherson, Susan Anspach
Blue Lagoon - Brooke Shields, Christopher Atkins
Braveheart - Mel Gibson, Catherine McCormack, Sophie Marceau
Breakfast at Tiffany's - Audrey Hepburn, George Peppard*
Breakfast Club, The - Molly Ringwald, Emilio Estevez, Judd Nelson, Ally Sheedy
Bullit - Steve McQueen, Jacqueline Bisset, Robert Vaughn
Bus Stop - Marilyn Monroe, Don Murray
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - Paul Newman, Robert Redford, Katherine Ross
Bye Bye Birdie - Ann-Margaret, Jesse Pearson
Cabaret - Liza Minnelli, Michael York, Joel Grey
Casablanca - Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman*
Cat Balou - Lee Marvin, Jane Fonda
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof - Elizabeth Taylor, Paul Newman
Cat on a Hot Tine Roof - Jessica Lang, Tommie Lee Jones
Catch 22 - Alan Arkin, Art Garfunkel, Jon Voight
Chicago - Catherine Zeta Jones, Renee Zelleweger, Richard Gere
Cold Mountain - Nicole Kidman, Jude Law, Renee Zelleweger
Coma - Genevieve Bujold, Michael Douglas, Rip Torn
Damn Yankees - Tab Hunter, Gwen Verdun*
Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend - Marilyn Monroe, Jane Russell
Dirty Dancing - Patrick Swayze, Jennifer Grey
Dirty Harry - Clint Eastwood, Reni Santoni
Doctor Zhivago - Julie Christie, Omar Sharif, Geraldine Chapman*
E. T. The Extra-Terrestrial - Drew Barrymore, Henry Thomas, Dee Wallace
Exodus - Paul Newman, Eva Marie Saint, Sal Mineo
Father Goose - Cary Grant, Leslie Caron
Far from the Madding Crowd - Julie Christie, Alan Bates, Terence Stamp*
Fiddler on the Roof - Topol, Norma Crane, Rosalind Harris*
Footloose - Kevin Bacon, Lori Singer
French Lieutenant's Woman - Meryl Streep, Jeremy Irons
Friendly Persuasion - Gary Cooper, Dorothy McGuire, Anthony Perkins*
Full Monty, The - Robert Carlyle, Tom Wilkinson*
Ghost - Patrick Swayze, Demi Moore, Whoopi Goldberg
Giant - Rock Hudson, Elizabeth Taylor, James Dean
Gidget - Sandra Dee, James Darren, Cliff Robertson*
Godfather, The - Al Pacino, Marlon Brando, Diane Keaton
Gone with the Wind - Vivien Leigh, Clark Gable*
Graduate, The - Dustin Hoffman, Katherine Ross
Grease - John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John, Stockard Channing*
Hud - Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward
Hunger Games, The - Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth

*The movies I love most of all.

Note - Be sure to check out Part 2 to see the rest of my list of all-time awesome movies. By the way, Danica Patrick finished 8th in the Daytona 500. Way to go Danica!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers.