Author of OUTBACK LOVE a contemporary romance novel set in Australia, JETTING AWAY a short story prequel to OUTBACK LOVE, MOON OVER MADNESS a paranormal romantic comedy and BAYOU BLUES AND OTHER SORROWS a collection of short stories and poems about life and love. All are available online at Amazon/Kindle Unlimited.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Think Pink

A neighbor's Pink Camellias.

Now I've never been all that crazy about the color pink until I had identical twin granddaughters who happen to love the color pink. After buying bunches of pink baby clothes, toddler clothes, little girl clothes, well, I've developed a kind of fondness for the color in all its varying hues.

I'm a redhead (now faded and almost blond???), so through the years I rarely wore pink anything. But these days I have pink t-shirts, sweatshirts, socks, undies (Oh,my!), alarm clock (a pink Hello Kitty alarm clock, a Christmas present from my granddaughters), silverware and even a set of pink cut-glass glassware.

In fact, as I write this post I'm sipping on a pink wine cooler (chardonnay and cranberry juice) in one of my pink glasses. So I've definitely started to "Think Pink."

I've always loved Pink Flamingos and even have a beach cover-up adorned with pink flamingos in sunglasses. Hey, I live in Florida and we love pink flamingos here. In fact, I've threatened more than once to decorate my front yard with plastic pink flamingos, but my BFF, Regina, says she'll stop being my BFF if I do that. On the other hand, my Dear Hubby, just shrugs and says to buy the pink flamingos if I really want them. So far, I'm just thinking about it.

I happen to love flowers and think that pink ones are absolutely gorgeous. So come spring I'll have an assortment of pink flowers in my yard and in flowerpots. At the moment, the azaleas in my yard are more red or fuchsia color rather than pink. But the pink ones should be blooming before too long. A neighbor around the corner has beautiful pink camellias (see photo above). Now I'm wanting to plant some pink camellia bushes in my yard too.

When I decided to write this post I put together a list of pink books. That's a list of fiction and non-fiction with pink in the title. Yes, I love to put together lists of books. Why? Because I happen to love books in every shape and color and in just about every genre.

My granddaughters, just turned four, highly recommend Victoria Kann's Pinkalicious Books. So if you're looking for some fun storybooks for little girls, then you might want to get these. I've enjoyed reading the books to my granddaughters, so I can recommend them too.

I started reading romance novels way-back-when on the day I discovered some of Barbara Cartland's charming romances in a used books store. I've loved her books ever since and read them from time to time. So I was totally delighted when Barbara Cartland's The Pink Collection was released. These are books that were previously unpublished. For fans of Barbara Cartland, this is a treasure trove of sweet romances. I read the first few published and absolutely loved them and definitely look forward to reading more.

One of my favorite "pink" reads is John D. MacDonald's Nightmare in Pink. This is the second book in the Travis McGee series. I love every one of the books in this series set in south Florida. These are definite keepers. Read just one and I know you'll be hooked. Check out my 11/1/12 blog post, "Florida is a State of Mind," for a list of the series in the order of publication. You may be able to find these books in your local library or in used book stores. Otherwise, these books are still in print and are also available as eBooks.

Now for my "pink" book lists. This first list is Young Adult Fiction (in no particular order):

My Life in Pink & Green by Lisa Greenwald
Only Girls Allowed (Pink Locker Society Novels, #1) by Debra Moffitt
Harsh Pink (Teen Series) by Melody Carlson

Pink Fiction (that's fiction with pink in the title and in no particular order):

The Pink Rose: Secrets, Love and Betrayal by Alicia Roberts
Pink Slips and Glass Slippers by J. P. Hansen
The Pink Lady (A Victorian House in Cape Cod) by Elaine Joyce
Pink Slippers (A Fun, Flirty Novel) by Gina Robinson
One Pink Line by Dina Silver
Pink Jinx (Jinx Series) by Sandra Hill
Shocking Pink by Erica Spindler
Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink by Stephanie Kate Strohm
Cat in a Hot Pink Pursuit (A Midnight Louie Mystery) by Carole Nelson Douglas
The Secret History of the Pink Carnation (Pink Carnation Series, #1) by Lauren Willig
Pink Balloons and Other Deadly Things (Mystery Series, #1) by Nancy Tesler
Death, Taxes and Hot Pink Leg Warmers by Diane Kelly
Pink (Shades of Style, #1) by Marilyn Griffith
Tickled Pink by Christina Jones
Pink Sky & Mourning (Ruth Chernock Series) by Kim Scott
The Pink Flamingo Murders (A Francesca Vierling Mystery) by Elaine Viets
Lawyer Geisha Pink (Rattlesnake Lawyer Series, #6) by Jonathan Miller
The Hot Pink Farmhouse (A Berger & Mitry Mystery, #2) by David Handler
Tickled Pink by Rita Rudner
Pink Freud by Patricia Barrett
The Cop with the Pink Pistol by Gray Basnight
The Pink Tricycle by Alan J. Oliver
Pink Satin by Jennifer Greene
The Pink Panther by Max Allan Collins

Pink Non-Fiction (books that looked interesting, in no particular order):

Pink Boots and a Machete: My Journey from NFL Cheerleader to National Geographic Explorer by Mireya Mayor
In the Pink: How I Met the Perfect (Younger) Man, Survived Breast Cancer, and Found True Happiness After 40 by Susan McBride
Running Pink: Deborah De Williams' Inspiring Story by Megan Norris
When Life Hands You Pink Lemons by Nicole Briamonte-Malato

I have to say that the pink non-fiction books listed above all sound quite inspiring.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you enjoyed this "Pink" post. If so, you might want to check out a couple of my previous posts: "Passionate About Purple" (posted 2/16/13) and "Seeing Red" (posted 1/24/13). I'm an artist, in addition to being a writer, so I'm in love with color. So please check back from time to time as I write posts of every color in the rainbow and then some. In the meantime, don't forget to "Think Pink."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers.