Author of OUTBACK LOVE a contemporary romance novel set in Australia, JETTING AWAY a short story prequel to OUTBACK LOVE, MOON OVER MADNESS a paranormal romantic comedy and BAYOU BLUES AND OTHER SORROWS a collection of short stories and poems about life and love. All are available online at Amazon/Kindle Unlimited.

Friday, June 21, 2013

A Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Kind of Day

A mixed dozen of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts.

The first day of summer and it was a Krispy Kreme Doughnuts kind of day.

Now and then I have a Girls Day Out and meet with one or more of my girlfriends at Krispy Kreme Doughnuts in Pensacola. This morning it was Betty and I and some very yummy donuts. Betty bought a couple dozen donuts to take home and for friends. She got a dozen still-warm original glazed and a dozen assorted. They looked so yummy that I had to take some photos.


My yummy Key Lime Cake donut.

I only ate one donut, a Key Lime Cake, which was fabulous. Believe me, it took a lot of willpower not to eat a dozen.

Imagine sitting there for a couple hours watching all those warm donuts coming off the conveyor belts. A couple hours of looking at the glass case filled with every kind of donut imaginable. A couple hours of watching one person after another downing one donut after another. Not to mention a couple hours with all those yummy donut smells.



My Key Lime Cake donut was as tasty as it looked.

Shouldn't I win some kind of award for sitting there all that time and only eating one donut?

So you ask, why did I only eat one donut? Thinking back on it, I'm asking myself the same question.

Well, at the moment I was thinking of summer and wearing a bathing suit at the beach and not wanting to look, well, you know, like I shouldn't be wearing a bathing suit. So I only ate one donut. And now I'm thinking I should have eaten two or three or four.


Tonight I'll be dreaming about those donuts I really should have eaten. I mean, how many calories are we talking about? In the overall scheme of things, would it have made that much difference to eat more than one? I swear, on our next Girls Day Out I'm eating at least two donuts. Or maybe three?

In case you want to go there: Krispy Kreme Doughnuts - Pensacola, Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers.