Author of OUTBACK LOVE a contemporary romance novel set in Australia, JETTING AWAY a short story prequel to OUTBACK LOVE, MOON OVER MADNESS a paranormal romantic comedy and BAYOU BLUES AND OTHER SORROWS a collection of short stories and poems about life and love. All are available online at Amazon/Kindle Unlimited.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Here's Looking at You - A Day at the Zoo

One of the many llamas at the zoo.



Yesterday I spent the day at the zoo with my grandkids. The Gulf Breeze Zoo is one of my favorite places and I had such a grand time with the kids and taking bunches of photos. So when I went through those photos this morning I decided that I just had to share some of them with you.






Kenya, one of the three giraffes at the zoo.





I'm sure all those beautiful critters at the zoo are just as fascinated with us as we are with them. I can just imagine what they're thinking as they gaze at us human critters. Hmm! "That one looks pretty tasty." Or "That one is pretty cute." Or "Oh, no, a face only a mother could love."









One of the many roosters wandering about.






Friday was my birthday and Saturday was my day at the zoo. One of my presents from my grandkids and my daughter and her husband, was a Year Pass to the zoo and the zoo train. So very cool. Now I'll be going to the zoo all the time. What fun!








The young Lion is now over a year old.






If you're ever in the area, the Gulf Breeze Zoo is definitely worth the visit. Though it's a small zoo, it's a great place to spend a few hours. If you love taking photos, like I do, then you'll be sure have a grand time.

The Gulf Breeze Zoo - In NW Florida







One of the two Bengal Tigers at the zoo.




It was a cloudy zoo day, with rain and drizzle off and on. I didn't mind the wet since that meant the day didn't get too hot. On the other hand, my photos all seem to reflect the gray day. Oh well, I still had a great time. And my grandkids, particularly my four and a half year old twin granddaughters, danced their way around the zoo.



Feeding one of the many colorful Budgies.





One of my grandkids' favorite stops is the Free Flight Aviary where you can feed the colorful Budgies. Usually you end up with several Budgies on your hand, arm, shoulder or even your head. We always spend quite a bit of time with the friendly Budgies.

There are a couple of benches in the Free Flight Aviary, so it's a great place to settle down and spend some time. It also provides for some great photo ops.






Peacock chicks were wandering all around the zoo.




One of the cool things about this zoo visit was all the Peacock chicks which were wandering around all over the zoo. They loved the special feed that you can buy at the zoo for $3.00 per cup. My grandkids were totally delighted with the Peacock chicks.






One of the Red Kangaroos taking a rest.



By the end of our zoo visit, I was as tired as the Red Kangaroos lazing in their pen. All in all, it was a really fun day.

Since I now have a Year Zoo Pass, I'll be visiting quite often. So please stop back from time to time to see more zoo posts with lots of fun photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers.