Author of OUTBACK LOVE a contemporary romance novel set in Australia, JETTING AWAY a short story prequel to OUTBACK LOVE, MOON OVER MADNESS a paranormal romantic comedy and BAYOU BLUES AND OTHER SORROWS a collection of short stories and poems about life and love. All are available online at Amazon/Kindle Unlimited.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Rain, Rain and More Rain

Rain on the back patio.



As I'm writing this post there's a deluge of rain just outside my door. I'm talking lots and lots of rain, gully washer rain, monsoon rain. Here on the Florida Gulf Coast, this is the season for warm tropical rains accompanied by lightning and booming, rolling thunder.






Rain in the backyard.





This July has been nothing but rain, rain and more rain. The beach tourists have been greatly disappointed in day after day of rain and very little bright summer sun. This isn't good beach weather. Just sayin' ...

I've lived in Florida off and on for over thirty-one years. Some summers are scorching hot with very little rain. Some summers are almost nothing but torrential downpours of warm tropical rain. Well, this is one of those rainy summers for the Florida Panhandle.





Rain pouring through the patio trellis.





I couldn't resist snapping a few rain photos to add to this post.

It's a good thing I love rain. I love the sound of the rain, love watching the deluge of raindrops, love the fresh, clean smell of rain.





Rain outside the front door.






I lived in Las Vegas for eleven years where it rained only a couple times a year. Then I lived in the Texas Hill Country where it only rained twice in sixteen months. So given the choice, I'd rather live where it rains a lot.

On the other hand, my dogs Dude and Shani would rather live where it rarely rains. These two are not rain dogs. On days like this they go to the back door and look out at the rain, then go to the front door to see if it's raining out there too.





Rain in the front yard.






Rainy days are a great time to read. So what am I reading today? Some days I'm bouncing around between books, a little of this and a little of that. So here are today's books: Midnight on Julia Street by Ciji Ware (on my Kindle Fire) and  A Deadly Shade of Gold by John D. MacDonald (paperback). Both books are great reads.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Heyer, wishing good monsoon days. Your post is good. I can feel the rain. Your blog and its posts are flourished well with nature and its rhythms. Hope your are blessed with best atmosphere enough to be creative.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers.