Author of OUTBACK LOVE a contemporary romance novel set in Australia, JETTING AWAY a short story prequel to OUTBACK LOVE, MOON OVER MADNESS a paranormal romantic comedy and BAYOU BLUES AND OTHER SORROWS a collection of short stories and poems about life and love. All are available online at Amazon/Kindle Unlimited.

Friday, August 30, 2013

Lunch at Flounder's on Pensacola Beach

Flounder's Chowder House on Pensacola Beach.
 
 
 
A couple days ago I had lunch at Flounder's Chowder House on Pensacola Beach. It was a Girls Day Out with some friends. Ahh, what a yummy lunch. We ordered a huge mound of Seafood Nachos and split it between us girls.

When it was all gone I realized I should have taken a photo before we dug in. Hmm! I guess that means I'll have to go back there again?



Outside covered seating at Flounder's.




Those of us who weren't driving ordered a Bushwhacker, which is a mocha rum punch. Very tasty. On Wednesdays a Bushwhacker is only $2.00 - a real bargain, which means you might want more than one.

Well, I was driving that day, so all I got was a tiny little sip. Next time someone else gets to drive me home.



Great sea-going decor at Flounder's.






Dessert was a triple-decker, to-die-for, Key Lime Pie. One order is actually the equivalent of half a pie. Well, we shared that too, but believe me, I swear I could have eaten the whole thing. I should have taken a photo of the Key Lime Pie too. What was I thinking?



Eat lunch with a shark at Flounder's.







I have my camera with me almost everywhere I go. I take tons of photos of just about everything. So how did I forget to take photos of the Seafood Nachos and the Key Lime Pie?




The Soundside view at Flounder's.







Well, after we finished eating we all wandered around Flounder's, taking in the sights. The restaurant sits on the Soundside of Pensacola Beach, right on the water. The view is awesome! Seating is inside or outside. The decor is colorful. The food is delicious.


The outdoor stage at Flounder's.










Here's the link to Flounder's in case you happen to be visiting Pensacola Beach.

Flounder's Chowder House - Pensacola Beach


The kids' pirate ship at Flounder's.








Flounder's is a great place to bring the whole family. Kids can play on the outdoor pirate ship or dig in the sugar-white sand.

It's one of those restaurants where you want to sit and stay a while. And you also want to eat, eat and eat.

Flounder's Weather Rock.






Before you leave Flounder's you'll want to check out the Weather Rock. In case you can't read the print this is what it says.

If this Rock is ...

Dry - - - - - - - - - -  Sunny
Shaded - - - - - - - - Cloudy
Sweating - - - - - -   Humid
Hot - - - - - - - - - -   Heat Wave
Hard to See - - - -   Foggy
Rolling - - - - - - - -  Windy
Wet - - - - - - - - - -  Raining
Chipped - - - - - - -  Hailing
Icy - - - - - - - - - - - Sleeting
Spinning - - - - - - - A Tornado
Blown Away - - - - A Hurricane
Floating - - - - - - -  A Tidal Wave
Not Moving - - - - - On a Coffee Break

Me and the Man-Eating Giant Clam.





You'll also want to have your photo taken with the Man-Eating Giant Clam. I couldn't resist and had a friend take my photo.

Flounder's Chowder House is all about yummy food, an ultra-friendly wait staff, and just a great place to sit and visit with family and friends. Not to mention, it's on beautiful Pensacola Beach. This is paradise, baby, Florida style.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers.