Author of OUTBACK LOVE a contemporary romance novel set in Australia, JETTING AWAY a short story prequel to OUTBACK LOVE, MOON OVER MADNESS a paranormal romantic comedy and BAYOU BLUES AND OTHER SORROWS a collection of short stories and poems about life and love. All are available online at Amazon/Kindle Unlimited.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pensacola's Graffiti Bridge - Simply Weird

"Weird" Graffiti on Pensacola's Graffiti Bridge on 9/6/13.




I happen to live just a few miles across the bay from Pensacola's Graffiti Bridge. I drive under the bridge at least a couple times a week and usually stop to take photos of all the cool graffiti which changes daily.






Pensacola's Graffiti Bridge on 9/6/13.





Well, last week there was some "Weird" graffiti on the bridge. A collection of eyeballs and signed by Weird. I have no clue about this latest "artist" but I couldn't resist taking some photos that day and posting them here.





Pensacola's Graffiti Bridge on 9/4/13.





Maybe I'm a strange bird, but I enjoy all that weird, strange, cool, awesome graffiti. It could have something to do with growing up in Southern California, in Los Angeles County, where graffiti was, well, everywhere.





Pensacola's Graffiti Bridge on 9/4/13.






I'm a sometimes artist (I paint in oils and acrylics) and whenever I pass the graffiti bridge I'm sorely tempted to add a bit of my own artistic touch. On the other hand, since it's technically illegal to graffiti the bridge I've never ventured to add to the ever changing display of graffiti.


Pensacola's Graffiti Bridge on 9/4/13.






Gee, what would my grandkids think of their Nana getting arrested for painting graffiti? So no, I won't become a graffiti artist any time soon.

If you love graffiti and happen to be anywhere near Pensacola, Florida you'll want to visit the graffiti bridge (aka the 17th Street Bridge).

The Graffiti Bridge, Pensacola Florida




I've never actually heard of anyone getting arrested for adding graffiti to the bridge. Though I've seen police vehicles there on many occasions. Maybe the cops just stop by to check out the latest graffiti? From time to time someone adds a tasteless bit of graffiti which is quickly painted out.


Here's Looking At You - Pensacola's Graffiti Bridge on 9/4/13.


Periodically a group of citizens come along and paint out all the graffiti. However, by the next day there's a whole new display of graffiti adorning the bridge. If nothing else, graffiti artists are a determined lot who do most of their artistic creations in the middle of the night.

Just so you know, from time to time I post photos of the graffiti bridge. Hey, what can I say? I happen to love Pensacola's Graffiti Bridge.




Note - My latest photos of Pensacola's Graffiti bridge were taken two different days last week, on 9/4/13 and 9/6/13. There were a few subtle changes from one day to the next.

WARNING - Do not drive a big truck (aka a semi) under the bridge as you'll get stuck and have to be towed out. They also issue traffic citations for that. In spite of the warning signs, it still happens now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers.