Author of OUTBACK LOVE a contemporary romance novel set in Australia, JETTING AWAY a short story prequel to OUTBACK LOVE, MOON OVER MADNESS a paranormal romantic comedy and BAYOU BLUES AND OTHER SORROWS a collection of short stories and poems about life and love. All are available online at Amazon/Kindle Unlimited.

Monday, September 30, 2013

Florida Fall Flowers

Roses at the Gulf Breeze Zoo.




Florida is truly the land of flowers and Fall is no exception. An assortment of pinks, reds, lavenders and blues are found just about everywhere.






Flowers I can't begin to name.









I happen to love flowers. So when I went to the Gulf Breeze Zoo the weekend before last I took bunches of photos of the flowers I found there.







Crepe Myrtle at the Gulf Breeze Zoo.







Some of the flowers I recognized: Roses, Crepe Myrtle and Oleander. Many others I couldn't even begin to name. (If you happen to know the names of some of these flowers, please feel free to comment below.)


No, I can't name these either.












My grandkids wanted to know why I was taking photos of flowers instead of just the animals and, of course, them. Yes, my grandkids always want photos taken of them wherever they go.



Lavender-Blue flowers a bit out of focus.











Well, my last post included some of the photos I took of the Rhinos, Zebras, Gorillas and other zoo animals. So it seemed only fair that today's post is all about those gorgeous flowers at the zoo.
More flowers I can't name.










If you want to visit the Gulf Breeze Zoo to see those flowers and zoo animals up close and personal, well, here's the link below so you'll know how to get there.

Gulf Breeze Zoo in NW Florida

I haven't a clue on this one.











Since I have a one year zoo pass I'll be visiting the zoo quite often, which means lots more photos of flowers and zoo animals.

Oleanders at the Gulf Breeze Zoo.











I hope you'll stop by from time to time to check out my posts and photos. I even post about writing every now and then. Gee, imagine that.

Magnolia seedpods are more colorful than the blooms.












I promise that my next post will be about books. After all, I love books even more than flowers, which is saying a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers.